Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fourth of July !!!

So this is the day that I'm waiting for especially after I owned my first and beloved digital SLR (Pentax K10D). Because at this day normally it will has a lot of fireworks show around my community. And only this time I have a lot of chance to practice my photography skill (In this case taking picture of fireworks).

There are 2 big fireworks shows, the first one is in Des Moines downtown (Around the capitol building area, 3rd July 2007). I arrived there around 9:30 pm(I Parked my car just opposite of the Wells Fargo Arena) and pointed out my camera to the capitol, because I heard they normally fire off the fireworks from behind the capitol. So, I wait there and wishing I can get a decent pictures. After waiting for 1/2 hour then suddenly I heard a 'boom' sound that come from beside my right shoulder, and I look up and think for a while (I think 'wth'). They shoot off the fireworks from the middle of east village road, so I decided to move my camera towards that direction and started to take some pictures. I'm a little bit mad because my position is bad and the electricity line is blocking my view, so the pictures I got is not very good. The show was lasted for about 15-20 minutes.

Des Moines Fireworks Show
Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

The second one was held in West Des Moines area (Raccoon River Park). I think this fireworks show is better because there is a lake in the Raccoon river park that reflect the fireworks to the water. I met one guy (Called Josh) who also had a hobby in photography and he do this for almost 10 years now. We chat a little bit and he taught me a technique that I never try before. His trick is very useful because it helps me got some decent (can I say the best fireworks shoot that I ever took?) pictures of the fireworks. Again, thanks Josh for your technique. The fireworks was lasted about 20 minutes.

West Des Moines Fireworks Extravaganza
Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

Again, for more pictures just visit my 4th of July picture set here
More 4th of July Fireworks Here

No comments: